Pages

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Moving Binder

Organizational moving binder is the key to keeping sane. I made a two moving binders one for me and one for a good friend. We both used them (hey we're type A what can I say). I got the idea of a moving binder from a different blog so I'll share it with you.

Shannon Brown "How to Move a 1000 Miles"

 Needed Items:
  • 3 Ring Binder (3 in. or larger)
  • 1 or 2 Pencil Cases
  • Sharpie or other Permanent Marker for each room of house (include storage and garage)
  • Shipping labels 
  • Dot stickers (either white and color them or pick colors that match your room color markers)
  • Plastic sheet covers
  • Scissors
  • Box cutter
  • Tape
  • Tape Measure
  • Pocket Tab Dividers
  • A few Pencils
  • A few Pens
  • Post-it note 



Moving Binder
Title Page
  • Hard copy of PCS orders
  • Moving/Packer Information
  • Packing Box Inventory (Stickers, labels, list of what is in each box)
  •  En Route Travel Info (Printed directions just in case, Hotel confirmation, Pet boarding information, Copy of PCS orders, misc. traveling information)
  • New Home Lease and Utilities Information
  • New Town Information
    • Important Base phone numbers and addresses
    • Map of new location and base
    • Location and hours of local grocery stores, Wal-Mart, Sam’s Club, Costco, Exchange, and Commissary
    •  Base gate hours (per location)
    •   Post Office hours where your P.O. Box is locate
  • Food (phone numbers and locations of  local restaurants and take out joints near your new home and/or hotel and menus if possible)
  • Interior Design (size of furniture pieces, lay out of new home, and other home decorating )










Moving Binder Title Page

Moving Binder Front Page

Box Inventory List 

We used our binder to keep all receipts (gas, trailer rental, hotel, food, weigh tickets). It was fabulous. It also keep all the paper work the movers gave us. Two vehicles on the road, with two drivers, two crazy dogs. It definitely keep us sane and organized.
 

7 comments:

  1. Hey there! This is perfect, thank you so much for sharing! I've taken a lot of tips from this, it's just what I needed. I've been meaning to learn a few more things about moving before the big movers in Vancouver, come in though I am exited to see how it's all going to turn out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for discussing such appropriate subject with us. Thanks again and keep it arriving. We are an India based global relocation service Provider Company servicing clients looking to relocate their expatriates, employees locally as well as on a global basis.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a good tool for organizing, a must for movers and office staff.

    vancouver moving company

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have so many friends moving this year and, even though I have a year left, I still feel like I should be prepping my binder now! haha. Thanks for the post! I found your blog through the MILSO Blogger Directory. Cheers!

    www.markandkassie.com
    www.facebook.com/Mr.andMrs.O

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love seeing blog that understand the value of providing a quality resource for free.
    bigcitymoving.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. but I'd like to say that this article really forced me to do so. Really nice post!
    big city moving

    ReplyDelete
  7. You know your projects stand out of the herd. There is something special about them. It seems to me all of them are really brilliant! moving company in van nuys

    ReplyDelete